Big data is hot, and data management and analytics skills are your ticket to a fast-growing, lucrative career. This course will quickly teach you two technologies fundamental to big data: MapReduce and Hadoop. Learn and master the art of framing data analysis problems as MapReduce problems with over 10 hands-on examples. Write, analyze, and run real code along with the instructor– both on your own system, and in the cloud using Amazon’s Elastic MapReduce service. By course’s end, you’ll have a solid grasp of data management concepts.
- Learn the concepts of MapReduce to analyze big sets of data w/ 56 lectures & 5.5 hours of content
- Run MapReduce jobs quickly using Python & MRJob
- Translate complex analysis problems into multi-stage MapReduce jobs
- Scale up to larger data sets using Amazon’s Elastic MapReduce service
- Understand how Hadoop distributes MapReduce across computing clusters
- Complete projects to get hands-on experience: analyze social media data, movie ratings & more
- Learn about other Hadoop technologies, like Hive, Pig & Spark