Visualization: In this context, this refers to the ability to link the two greatest processors in our grid, the computational power of our enterprise and the human brain.
- The tie to commercial technology so far has not provided a good way to enable our analysts with wrap-around desktop screens.
- We meet needs by lining up more monitors next to each other.
- This clunky setup is pretty much the state of the art.
- But enhanced 2D/3D workstations with agile wideband interfaces to the brain are the need.
- Utility of capabilities like Touch Table or Jeff Han’s Perceptive Pixel to visualize and interact with data shows promise. If live data is brought in these will be disruptive technologies.
- CAVE might provide another disruptive capability. Its use in multiple academic centers of excellence and its use in a couple of government locations is a positive note.
- SuperHDTV, HR Motion Imagery, 40Kx40K hyperspectral are driving key visualization requirements.